The New Blank is an award-winning design and animation-driven production company based in Seattle, Washington. We are currently expanding our creative team with passionate and highly driven visionaries. We are a band of individuals pulled together with a desire to make. Our clients range from TV networks to traditional and digital agencies to fortune 100 companies and small startups. Story and idea drive us; it’s what wakes us up in the morning and compels everything we do throughout the day.
You have a unique vision and compelling style and technique to express that vision. Every day brings new ideas and solutions. Not to mention your innate, unstoppable excitement to see those thoughts and ideas come to life. You see story in shape, color, form, and movement. Creativity bleeds from your fingertips and oozes from your pores, and expresses itself in different and diverse principles, whether music, film making, experimental animation, or illustration. It doesn’t matter if you studied at a fantastic school or are self-taught; you have made it through the hurdle and grind of learning animation techniques, design rules, and software required to make it all materialize. All the while, you acknowledge and embrace the fact that there is always something new to learn. Your images lay the foundation for and are part of the first determination on a project’s success. You love being such an integral and essential part of a larger team.
Together, we will foster and encourage creative growth as well as technique expansion and speed. We will always reach for the next level, working with each other in discerning and collaborate to hit that elusive mark. We will work our asses off to create that outstanding, portfolio-worthy piece, and then we will play.
- Deep understanding of fundamental design principles
- Strong design and typographic sense
- More color theory than Pantone
- Thorough understanding of motion graphic design
- Self motivated, detail oriented and able to adapt to changing priorities and strict deadlines
- Team player
- Passionate about motion design and thrive in a fast paced creative environment
- Photoshop, C4D or other 3D software, Particular, Form, Illustrator, and basic After Effects
- Driven to learn and develop new techniques