The New Blank is an award-winning design and animation-driven production company based in Seattle, Washington. We are currently expanding our team with passionate and highly driven visionaries. We are a band of individuals pulled together with a desire to make. Our clients range from TV networks to gaming studios and agencies to fortune 100 companies and small startups. Story and idea drive us; it’s what wakes us up in the morning and compels everything we do throughout the day.
You are technical and detail-oriented; ensuring strong communication and approaching milestones are met come as naturally to you as sniffing out lies is to Sherlock Holmes. You are neck-deep in team thinking. Not only are you familiar with terms like “Agile” and “Sprints,” but you also eat client scope requirements & schedule hurdles for lunch. If you don’t know something, you say so, but holy shit, are you ready and eager to dig in and learn. You will report to the Account Manager to execute the tasks needed to keep the projects on schedule and support the team in any way possible. Your brain is astonishing, and your smile— well, isn’t that something to behold.
Together, we will foster and encourage client growth as well as process efficiencies and quality. We will always reach for the next level, working with each other to not only discern what that is but in collaboration to hit that elusive mark. We will work our asses off to create that amazing piece and then, we will play.
Program Manager role requirements:
- Partner with leadership to develop and execute planning processes to create organizational alignment and efficiency across our client product teams.
- Define, document, and ensure adoption of centralized processes; continue to evolve and scale over time using Confluence, Slack, and JIRA as a basis for project management.
- Manage tactical organization and communication with partner teams across clients’ organization for services agreed on between TNB and client.
- Maintain rhythm of business and alignment through planning across teams when working with clients
- Coordinate recurring meetings; ensure agendas are in place, create action plans and manage follow-up.
- You thrive managing others within high performing, faced-paced teams.
- Improve access and ease of search for centralized documentation in Confluence, Miro, Google Suite, and Lucidcharts; audit and constantly update central teams’ sites and repositories to keep data relevant.
- Take on special projects when necessary to improve overall efficiency, cohesion, and clarity.