Designer / Animator
The New Blank is an award-winning design and animation-driven production company based in Seattle, Washington. We are currently expanding our creative team with passionate and highly driven visionaries. We are a band of individuals pulled together with a desire to make. Our clients range from TV networks to traditional and digital agencies to fortune 100 companies and small startups. Story and idea drive us; it’s what wakes us up in the morning and compels everything we do throughout the day.
You have a unique vision and compelling style and technique to express that vision. Every day brings new ideas and solutions. Not to mention your innate, unstoppable excitement to see those thoughts and ideas come to life. You see story in shape, color, form, and movement. Creativity bleeds from your fingertips and oozes from your pores, and expresses itself in different and diverse principles, whether music, film-making, experimental animation, or illustration. It doesn’t matter if you studied at a fantastic school or are self-taught; you have been applying your skills and knowledge for 4-5 years or have a badass reel, all the while embracing and learning new techniques and software. All the while, you acknowledge and embrace the fact that there is always something new to learn. After Effects, C4D, Photoshop, and Illustrator are your essential toolkit, but you also have explored particles, fluid simulation, advanced tracking, and compositing. You use all these tools to create photo-real treatment frames prior to executing in motion.
Together, we will foster and encourage creative growth as well as technique expansion and speed. We will always reach for the next level, working with each other in discerning and collaborate to hit that elusive mark. We will work our asses off to create that outstanding, portfolio-worthy piece, and then we will play.
- Deep understanding of fundamental design principles
- Robust design and typographic sense
- 4+ years experience in design and animation and/or a badass reel.
- Thorough knowledge of motion graphic design and post-production workflows
- Self-motivated, meticulous, organized, detail-oriented, and able to adapt to changing priorities and strict deadlines
- Team player
- Passionate about motion design and thrive in a fast-paced creative environment
- After Effects, C4D, Boujou or other 3D tracking, Particular, Form, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Driven to learn and develop new techniques